Monday, September 19, 2011

Remember Yesterday, Plan for Tomorrow, Live Today

Today may be just an ordinary day for the Universe, but for me, it's very special. Twenty-two years ago today, I entered the world.

Life is a precious gift, and I feel I have a duty to enjoy it, preserve it, and share it with others. Every day holds something new to be appreciated and something new to be learned, and today is no exception.
~
In the days before Hurricane Irene hit New York, Mayor Michael Bloomberg held several press conferences. After his announcements in English, he took a moment to summarize everything in Spanish. His accent is pretty bad, and he makes a lot of errors, but he gets his point across. I give him a lot of credit for trying to learn, and for getting up in front of the camera and speaking.

2 comments:

  1. I don't get why people made fun of him for speaking Spanish. Surely that's better than him not trying to speak Spanish at all...

    By the way, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jordon: Agreed. Thanks for your comment, and for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete