Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Seattle Day 2

This is the second part of a three-part series on my recent trip to Seattle. Check out Part One. Part Three coming soon!

On the morning of Wednesday, May 25th, I made everyone French toast for breakfast. I had brought real maple syrup from New York as a gift, and it was big hit.

After breakfast, Jordon and I did a little Russian lesson with Kate. Jordon has an audio course on CD, and we listened while Kate helped us.

It was raining today, so we wanted to do something indoors. First, we visited the Seattle aquarium. There were lots of cute fishes, but the clown fish were my favorite.


Marlin and Nemo! Next, we stopped for lunch at a quaint local diner. We each got something we liked: chicken soup for Kate, steak and eggs for Jordon, salad and asparagus soup for me.

Our last tourist activity for the day was the Pacific Science Center. We arrived just in time for an IMAX movie on volcanoes. It looked really interesting, but, unfortunately, Jordon alone enjoyed it; Kate and I slept through the whole thing. (We were both really tired.)

The rest of the exhibits were pretty exciting: we explored the butterfly garden, and lots of interactive activities about the human body.

After that, we stopped at a camera store. Kate needed some equipment for her hi-tech-looking camera, and I bought a memory card reader for my low-tech-looking camera.


I've been using Google's Picasa software to manage my photos (love it), but it hasn't been playing nicely with my camera. The card reader did the trick, and now uploading photos is easier than ever.

The guy at the camera store was really helpful. I have a Canon Powershot SD790 IS, which is apparently a fairly nice camera. I had no idea, and I guess I've been using it all wrong. He showed me a few tricks, and now my pictures are now coming out much clearer and crisper. Thanks, guy at the camera store!

We parted ways at this point: Jordon and Kate retired to the apartment, while I went to check out Seattle's vibrant gay nightlife with out friend Mark. I was surprised and pleased at how many people were out on a Wednesday night.

I've always been a self-conscious dancer, but I'm getting much more comfortable lately. Now, all it takes is good music and a few drinks, and I'm having a great time!

Returning home after a late night, I feel asleep with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment